And I guess I should explain the "top 20, plus 2" thing. It's because there were two albums that really only came to my attention in the past year, even though they were released in 2017. They're just so amazing that I had to recognize them; to put them on this list, kinda, sorta.
Check out my other "best of" posts of 2018. My Top 50 Favourite Songs of 2018 list is right here. And I'll link my Favourite Concert Photos of 2018 when I have that finalized.
The hyperlinks below each artist and album name link to my coverage of the artists, including my photos from those particular performances.
Here's to hoping we can all make 2019 a kinder, more empowering and inclusive year.
20. Lykke Li So Sad So Sexy
19. Restorations LP5000
18. Frank Turner Be More Kind
17. Cloud Nothings Last Burning Buildings
16. Culture Abuse Bay Dream
15. The Wombats Beautiful People Will Ruin Your Life
14. Ought Room Inside the World
13. Weakened Friends Common Blah
12. Tancred Nightstand
11. Sunflower Bean Twentytwo in Blue
10. Marlon Chaplin The Circle
*. Alex Lahey I Love You Like A Brother
8. The Dirty Nil Master Volume
7. Little Junior Hi
6. Chvrches Love is Dead
5. Pale Waves My Mind Makes Noises
*. Sam Coffey & the Iron Lungs Sam Coffey & the Iron Lungs
4. Dream Wife Dream Wife
3. Ellevator Ellevator
2. Dizzy Baby Teeth